Let's talk streusel. So technically a sugary crumbly topping that is scattered atop pastries from crisps to coffee cakes. But, we really love it for most any sweet breakfast confection - quite frankly, streusel makes the muffin (in our humble opinion).
Yes, we are the people in line at the bakery specifying the exact pastry we want, and 9 times out of 10 it is the one with the MOST streusel. This is our favorite recipe for those times when baking (and our craving for satisfying treats) reaches a fever pitch. Enjoy, friends!
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1 tablespoon of salted butter
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
For Muffins base---
2 & 1/4 cups of flour
4 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 cup of softened unsalted butter
1/3 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 cup of milk
1/3 cup of sugar
1/3 cup of brown sugar
1/3 cup of flour
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/4 cup of melted salted butter
1. Preheat over to 375. Chop pear into dime size pieces. Melt tablespoon of butter. In a mixing bowl, toss pears, sugar, cinnamon and butter. Scatter pears on to baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
2. Now begin making your muffin base. With your standing mixer, beat together sugar and butter. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder. Once the butter and sugar are creamed, beat in egg and vanilla extract.
3. Alternate adding the dry ingredients and milk with the wet concoction in the standing mixer. Once all is combined fold in the roasted pears.
4. In small mixing bowl, combine, sugar, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and melted butter until crumbly.
5. Place muffin baking cups into muffin tin. Fill each up 2/3. Sprinkle streusel topping over the muffin cups. Bake for 22-25 minutes. Let cool then drizzle Chai Dulce De Leche over the top of the muffin ... DIG IN!!