Creating a dessert for those with dietary restrictions can sometimes be a difficult pursuit. Delicious gluten-free + vegan + raw desserts are not always easy to find.
We have recently discovered our new go-to recipe and could not keep it to ourselves (because we ALL deserve dessert, right?). This is the recipe to show them how much you care. It has been tested and approved by a gluten-free vegan as well as 3 carnivores!
For the Crust:
1 cup of pitted dates
1/2 cup of raw walnuts
1/2 cup of raw almonds
1/4 of raisins
1/2 teaspoon of ginger powder
For the Filling:
2 cups of raw cashews
2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup of melted coconut oil
1/4 cup of coconut milk or almond milk
1/3 cup of coconut keifer
2/3 cup of agave nectar
For the Sauce:
1 cup of blueberries
1 teaspoon of lemon zest
1/3 cup of water
1/2 cup of sugar
1 tablespoon of corn starch
1. Blend all ingredients for the crust in a food processor. Once it mixes into a ball like dough, remove and place into a pie pan. Use your hand to press the crust into the bottom of the pan. Even out the crust by pressing a cup with a flat bottom onto the crust/dough. Set in refrigerator.
2. Fill a medium pot half full with water, then bring to a boil. Once water is boiling, remove from heat and pour the raw cashews in. Cover and set aside for 1 hour.
3. Using a blender, puree the filling ingredients until completely smooth. Taste and adjust sweetness to your liking.
4. Remove pie pan from refrigerator. Pour filling into pan evenly. Cover with plastic wrap then place in freezer for 5 - 8 hours.
5. In a small sauce pan, over medium-high heat, combine blueberries, water and sugar. Stir often until it comes to a light boil. Add corn starch and lemon zest. Stir until both are combined into blueberry sauce. Allow sauce to simmer and thicken. This should take about 5 minutes. Once the sauce can coat the back of a spoon remove from heat and pour into serving container.
6. Remove the cheesecake from freezer about 20 - 30 minutes before eating. Drizzle with blueberry sauce and enjoy!