Steamy summer weather calls for light, refreshing meals. When it's too hot to turn on the stove and you're craving something fresh, these raw rainbow rolls should hit the spot. They're packed full of flavor and nutrition, plus they're vegan and gluten-free – the perfect people-pleasing finger food that also happens to look bright and pretty on the plate.
1 red pepper, sliced
1 yellow pepper, sliced
2 scallions, chopped
1 cup of shredded carrots
1 cup of arugula
1/2 cup of clover sprouts
5 spears of asparagus, ribboned and chopped in half
1 tablespoon of salt
1 pack of brown rice paper
1. After you've chopped and sliced and shredded and ribboned all of the veggie ingredients, fill a large mixing bowl with warm water.
2. Dip one brown rice paper in the warm water for a few seconds. Then lay it on a clean and dry surface.
3. Place a mix of veggies in the center of the paper, leaving at least an inch or two of room around the diameter. Sprinkle with a little salt.
4. Fold the left and right sides of the paper in towards the middle, then roll up from the bottom. The slight dampness should help it stick together, but be gentle to avoid ripping.
5. Repeat until you've used up your veggies, and then create your own sauce for dipping. We like this ginger miso dressing.
p.s. Don't these seem like perfect appetizers for an impromptu summertime dinner party?