Typically salads don't fall under the category of "filling", however this recipe is an exception. It is salty and sweet, mellow and tangy, creamy and sharp - essentially, it is the perfect winter side (or meal, depending on your appetite)!
1 cup of pumpkin chopped into cubes
1/2 - 1 teaspoon of ginger powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of chopped basil
2 garlic cloves finely chopped
1/3 cup of goat cheese
arugala or spring greens
1/4 cup of dried cranberries
1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon of honey
1. Preheat your oven 400 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl, mix the pumpkin, ginger, garlic, basil, and salt. Drizzle in olive oil until the pumpkin glistening.
2. Roast pumpkin in oven for 15 minutes. Every 5 minutes or so check to make sure the pumpkin is not becoming too crisp. Once the pumpkin is soft and savory, take it out of the oven and let it cool for at least 5 minutes.
3. In a serving bowl toss together the salad greens with pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, and goat cheese crumble. Lastly top salad with cooled roast pumpkin.
4. In a saucepan or skillet over medium heat, begin the reduced balsamic drizzle. Add the tablespoon of honey. Bring it to a light boil. Watch over the evaporation process to assure the balsamic does not burn. If smoke begins to accumulate, it may have begin to burn. This should only take 3-5 minutes.
5. Drizzle the balsamic reduction over the salad and serve.