Some mornings we crave something warm, gooey and deliciously sweet. And yet, the last thing we need over the holiday season is another indulgent sugar high. Ready for a decadent treat that doubles as breakfast, dessert and everything between? Enter Purely Elizabeth's drool-inducing salted caramel apple oatmeal.
And get this: there's not a hint of sprinkled sugar in sight. (We couldn't believe it either!) Happy cooking, Clementines!
2/3 cup almond milk
1/2 tsp coconut oil
1/2 apple, chopped
1/3 cup Organic Apple Cinnamon Pecan Purely Elizabeth Oatmeal
2 dates, chopped
Squeeze of lemon juice
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
1. Place almond milk in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil. While almond milk is boiling, place coconut oil in a smaller skillet.
2. Add chopped apple to the small skillet and cook until soft and browned, about five minutes.
3. Once almond milk is boiling, add oatmeal and bring heat to low. Stir occasionally until it thickens, about two minutes.
4. When oatmeal is almost fully thickened, add chopped dates and stir well.
5. Once apples are cooked, add the squeeze of lemon juice, vanilla and cinnamon to the apples.
6. Place cooked oatmeal in a bowl and top with apple mixture. Sprinkle 1/8 tsp of salt on top and enjoy!
p.s. Feeling lethargic from too many holiday treats? Try our cleanse for foodies!